Clinics organised by CXC will go ahead as long as conditions are safe. Riders will be informed by email, text or telephone if a clinic has to be cancelled. If the trainer has to cancel a clinic at late notice, clinic fees will be refunded less an £8 administration fee.
If a rider has to pull out of a clinic CXC will do their best to find a suitable replacement from the wait list (if applicable). If, however, this is not possible, the rider will forfeit their fee unless they can find a substitute for their place. All substituted riders must supply their name/address and payment and sign a disclaimer before they can be admitted to the clinic.
All clinics organised by CXC must be paid for at the time of booking to ensure that a space is reserved.
When booking, the bookee signs the Disclaimer for all the riders booking on to the clinic. He/she should ensure that riders are aware of and agree with the terms of the Disclaimer.
Riders should turn up for their clinic in good time to prepare and be correctly turned out with correct body protector, hat, boots etc, and their horse suitably ready to start jumping at the allocated time, unless other instructions have been issued. Trainers may not wait for late-comers.
Clinics that are organised directly by trainers are also covered by much of the above, in terms of signing the Disclaimer, punctuality, etc. In addition, it is the responsibility of the trainer to ensure that Health and Safety measures are met during the course of their clinic.
Cross Country Schooling
Riders are advised that they should read the points of the Disclaimer and adhere to them.
1. It is a condition of riding that all riders must wear a riding hat conforming to current BE standards and a BETA 2009 Standard or above body protector.
2. All riders must be accompanied by another responsible adult (who can also be riding) and we recommend that each rider carries a mobile phone. All riders and accompanying persons should note the post codes for the xc fields are BN27 4TX for the stables field (Comphurst Lane) and the 'new' field (Birches Field) and BN27 4RZ for the car-park field (next to PGL). Ref no 50*53'00.1'N 0*20'54.5'E
3. No children under the age of 8 or horses/ponies under the age of 4 are permitted to use the facilities. Riders should not attempt any feat that is beyond their level of skill, experience or knowledge.
4. All riders/trainers/ accompanying people must behave responsibly and not cause a nuisance to other users of the course. Riders should ensure that consideration and due care is given to other users when riding on the flat and over jumps, and in the parking area.
5. All signage is should be adhered to and all gates closed after passing through.
6. Save for the death or personal injury caused by negligence, neither Comphurst Farm, Comphurst Cross Country, William or Tanya Reid accept any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to riders, horses, ponies, owners, spectators, property, vehicles and their contents and accessories or any other person or property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or any other way whatsoever.
7. It is a condition of riding that riders and their owners/trainers/parents (if the rider is under 18) and accompanying personnel have inspected the conditions and facilities prior to riding and that they are content that the ground conditions, and the construction and maintenance of the facilities and jumps are safe and acceptable to them. The owners of Comphurst Farm are not responsible for the ground conditions or damage caused to the ground or fences caused by other users and animals.
8. Dogs are permitted if kept on a short lead at all times and under direct control. All dog mess must be cleared up immediately. Anyone found to be leaving dog poo-bags on or around the jumps will be asked to leave and not allowed to return to Comphurst. Any dog that barks at horses or people and causes a nuisance must be removed immediately from the facilities.
9. Working with, accompanying and riding horses is a potentially dangerous pursuit. Persons hiring the facilities do so at their own risk and Comphurst Farm or Tanya or William Reid cannot be held responsible for any accident, loss or injury.
10. Please clear up after your horse and remove any droppings/ spilt hay. It is recommended that all horses/ponies using the facilities are insured.
11. Comphurst Farm, Tanya and William Reid reserve the right to cancel any reservation without notice and/or refuse admission. They cannot be held responsible for any consequential loss or liability, however caused.
12.Comphurst Farm is a working farm. As such, it has personnel, livestock and machinery on the premises. All users of the facilities and their connections agree to be aware of the risks associated with a working farm and to act accordingly.
13. Course hire fees and clinic fees cannot be refunded unless on production of a valid Vet or doctor's certificate, or if Comphurst Cross Country cancels sessions due to Health and Safety measures.
14. I agree that the terms set out above are valid for the year 2020.
15. When signed online, the person making the booking takes responsibility for informing all the people he/she is booking for of the clauses and terms found in this disclaimer, and guarantees that all riders are competent at using the facilities. Parents/guardians also take this responsibility for the children in their care.
All riders or guardians/parents of riders if under 18 agree to the following;
I have read, understood and fully accept the above terms and conditions for using the facilities and confirm that I use the facilities entirely at my own risk. Acting on behalf of all riders booked in by me, or their parents if under 18, I guarantee that all riders are competent to use the facilities at Comphurst XC and Comphurst Farm.
We are happy to refund XC schooling fees on receipt of a copy of a doctor's/vet's certificate for the rider or horse/pony that is booked in.